I hope this email finds you all well. Please find attached a letter received to-day from the Minister of Education, Norma Foley with some information on supporting children and parents for the return to school. The letter provides links to the following:
- Video for parents with key information on supporting children to return to school
- Fliers for parents – these are attached in this email
- The HSE has prepared material on recognising symptoms, which complements the material from the Department on returning to school.
- Age-appropriate videos for children and young people at different stages.
- Videos for primary (both junior and senior level) Resources in a wide range of languages
As the minister highlights in her letter, the re-opening of the school will require everyone to adjust and get used to new arrangements and routines. This change of culture won’t happen overnight and will take a bit of time in the initial re-opening period to get fully established and embedded into the daily operation of our schools. This will require the co-operation of the whole school community. I am confident that Scoil Mhuire as on previous occasions will rise to this challenge. You will be informed of any further updates from the Department of Education as soon as I receive them. Scoil Mhuire will at all times be strictly following the HSE and Department of Education guidelines to ensure a safe re-opening of our school.
I will be uploading some photos to our website tomorrow of our school yard which has been divided into sections to prevent classes(bubbles) mixing at break times and also our front area which has coloured lines marking where each class will line up in the evening time. I will also upload photos of some of our classrooms which have been set up to ensure social distancing is maintained between class groups(PODS) as much as possible.
I hope you and your family continue to keep safe and well. I look forward to welcoming everyone back to Scoil Mhuire on Monday.
Ms. O’ Kelly
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.