I hope this email finds you well and you all have had a pleasant summer with your family.
The re-opening of the school will require everyone once again to adhere to the Covid-19 arrangements and routines which were fully established and embedded into the daily operation of our school last school year.. This will require the co-operation of the whole school community again. I am confident that Scoil Mhuire as on previous occasions will rise to this challenge yet again. Scoil Mhuire will at all times, be strictly following the HSE and Department of Education guidelines to ensure a safe re-opening of our school. Please find attached the updated Covid-19 response plan for Scoil Mhuire Mount Sackville. This will also be available to view in the policies section of the school website.
- Please do not send your child to school if they are ill, particularly if they are showing any of the signs of Covid-19. Please consult with your doctor immediately and follow their advice. Please know that you will be contacted if your child becomes ill at school and that arrangements for collection will be made. There will be no exceptions to this.
- Video advice/poster&graphics advice/multi-lingual advice for parents on returning to school is available at the following links.
- https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/a04fc-advice-for-students-and-their-families/#returning-to-school (Poster and graphics advice) https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/0cf46-resources-and-materials-for-parentsguardians-and-for-students-on-returning-to-school-multi-lingual/(Multi-lingual advice)
- Adults should wear a mask when dropping off and collecting their child – this sets a great example and helps keep us all safe. Please encourage others to follow this measure. Children are not required to wear face masks when at school.
- Please do not delay when dropping off and collecting your child. We cannot facilitate parents congregating in the car park at any time. Encourage your child to use the pedestrian walkway in the mornings and in the evenings where possible. Staggered home times will continue to be used this year for 1st-6th.. 1st&2nd will be on their lines for 2:50p.m. 3rd&4th will be on their lines for 2:55p.m. and 5th&6th will be on their lines for 3:00p.m. This was very successful last year and we had great cooperation from the whole school community at all times.
For our first day back, children can bring in their school books and equipment. We would ask you to sanitise and wipe them down before Tuesday. We will quarantine them in school before using them once more. We ask parents to ensure that children don’t bring in any toys or unnecessary items from home. This measure worked really well last year thanks to help from our parents and the children too. Parents are personally responsible for compliance with public health advice in relation to foriegn travel. Any family/child who may be returning from foreign travel must adhere to all Covid-19 regulations stipulated on the following website gov.ie – Government advice on international travel (www.gov.ie) It is best for any families affected by this regulation to let us know immediately.
Thank you to all the parents who have paid their child’s school resource payment already. If you haven’t done so yet I would ask that you do so as soon as possible please.
Teachers of optional after school activities will be in touch with families over the next few weeks with details of their classes which will be available this term for class bubbles.
I hope you and your family continue to keep safe and well. I look forward to welcoming everyone back to Scoil Mhuire on Tuesday.
Ms. O’ Kelly
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.